By signing up, you'll receive an entire year of —
- Classes held once a month to get you through your manuscript + publication
- Free sessions of one-on-one coaching that focus on pain-points in your writing
- Developmental edits focused on plot, pacing, and characterization
- Built in support from me + priority availability
- Exclusive emails + tutorials on self-publishing and crafting narrative
- Connection + Networking in our private classroom
- Publishing calendars you can follow
- Worksheets and curriculum tailor made for completing your project with precision and care.
- Monthly cohort writing days where you'll be able to come and go as your schedule allows
How is this different from other cohorts online?
Here's a secret: I played with the timing of this group, bouncing between three months and nine months and back to a year. There are a lot of groups online offering various timelines for their program. What made me choose a year?
A year provides ample amount of time for three things: relationship, words, and connection.
I will not only get to know your manuscript, I will get to know you. I believe writing is a holistic effort and because of this, personal attention is necessary. Anyone can write a book by themselves. This is so much more. This is getting to know what makes you tic and what sets you apart from other writers. There's a reason why you're stuck. Resistance goes deeper than a brick wall in your mind. It's about finding and using your strengths — your core genius — and getting that story out of your bones and into the world.
If you write 1000 words a day, you would have 365,000 words by the end of the year. That's enough for three novels. Building a discipline of daily writing takes habit and intention. In the Coterie, we take what is realistic for you and build a program that makes sense for your project. Not only that, we go beyond the words. Becoming an indie author means you're immediately an author, a marketer, an entrepreneur. We'll study how your natural love of language can benefit you as a publicist and business owner.
The creative heart needs community in order to thrive. I'm not interested in groups where we fly together for a hot minute and then disband. You get this often with eCourses or virtual retreats. Some mastermind groups are only for a season. With Awake the Bones' Coterie, you will have access to the materials, coaching from me and the connection + networking of the group FOREVER. This means at least 70 other people who can support you while you write and then share about your book with their friends. And? No where else can you find one-on-one manuscript coaching coupled with the support of community.